- AP: Police yesterday blocked the weekly Quinta Avenida procession of the Damas de Blanco.
- CNN reports on the construction of replacement housing for hurricane victims in Pinar del
Rio, with building materials manufactured on the spot.
- Herald: A 25-year-old diplomat defected from the passport section of the Cuban consulate in
and has come to the Mexico City with her husband, according to her uncle in United States . Canada
- AP: A concert at the “tribuna anti-imperialista” on the Malecon next to the
diplomatic mission drew a small crowd yesterday. Singer Silvio Rodriguez read a statement, and didn’t sing. U.S.
- Remember the report that travelers to
would be required to buy travelers’ health insurance policies? Cubaencuentro reports that the cost will be three convertible pesos per couple per day. Cuba
- Cuban Colada takes note of a report in Spanish-language media that six Chilean companies wrote their government to point out that the problem of
freezing the bank accounts of foreign companies operating there “has virtually been solved.” Cuba