- CubaEncuentro posts a video from Maria Elvira Live, an interview with attorney Enrique Zamora who delivers inheritances to Cubans when their relatives die in the
and leave money to them. Under the Bush Administration, heirs could receive only $100 per month; in this interview we learn that they can now receive the entire inheritance. An earlier note on this here. Good for the Obama Administration for ending one of the most ridiculous applications of United States sanctions that one could imagine. Cuba
- EFE: The Madrid Chamber of Commerce visits
with 14 companies seeking business opportunities; discussions center on “legal security” and the frozen bank accounts of Spanish firms already operating there. Havana
- The Herald’s Jordan Levin reviews the Carlos Varela concert in
last Saturday night. Miami
- Granma summarizes a report from La Repubblica on suicides in Italian jails: 26 this year.
- Another review of a far-flung Cuban restaurant, “Cuba Libre,” in