· Cuba and the United States agreed on a framework for cooperation on law enforcement (terrorism, drugs, human trafficking, contraband, etc.), but did not release a text. Announcements here (U.S. and Cuba). Meanwhile, the Bergen Record editorializes that Trump should not reverse Obama’s policies but he should press hard for the return of fugitive Joann Chesimard.
· A magnitude 4.5 quake shook southeastern Cuba,
· Miami’s ABC affiliate WPLG opens a bureau in Cuba.
· What it’s like to hijack a plane and live the rest of your life in Cuba.
· AP on a fine effort by universities and libraries to preserve parish records that record births and other information about Cubans centuries ago, including the slave population. In Cuban parishes, you can see the old registries in separate books, one for blacks only.