- El Nuevo Herald reports declining numbers of Cubans entering the
without a visa in the first half of fiscal year 2009. United States
- “It is all about the people, not the regime.” An op-ed by Carlos Saladrigas of the Cuba Study Group supporting the end of travel restrictions on all Americans.
- Where’s Fidel? Out and about in Siboney, according to this article by Marc Frank.
- The Miami Herald reports on a discussion of this book on the use of Che Guevara’s image. A review from former Assistant Secretary of State Roger Noriega is here.
- Daily News: A documentary on the return to
after 46 years of pitcher Luis Tiant. Cuba
- In El Tono de la Voz, a discussion of the draft Cuba resolution of the Latin America Studies Association. It’s about
diplomatic relations with U.S. , but it “urges the Cuba and United States to permit…travel by Cubans to the Cuba to attend conferences and by United States academics to attend scholarly conferences in U. S. and academics from Cuba to teach and lecture in the Cuba .” United States