- Along the Malecon reports that the Luis Posada Carriles trial has been postponed pursuant to a sealed prosecution motion, and 90 percent of filings to date are secret.
- The Wall Street Journal: A story of a Cuban American’s return to his childhood home, as narrated by his wife.
- At Global Post, Nick Miroff looks at television viewing habits in
, where state television “is politically biased and often tedious, [but] hardly a drab, droning monotony of pro-Castro propaganda.” The irrelevance of TV Marti shines through. Cuba
- An American conservative goes to
and comes back with this opinion, which he wrote in a letter to the Cleveland Plain Dealer: “If we want to get communism out of Cuba , end the embargo.” Speaking of American conservatives, Cuba
- Mining Weekly notes a Cuban television news report that says that the joint Cuban-Venezuelan project to activate the Camarioca nickel plant, a mothballed Czechoslovak project from COMECON days, is moving forward. In 2005, there were announcements that
would be the partner in this project and in a China nickel mining venture, but Camaguey ended its involvement without fanfare. China