- Reuters: Exporters to
are offered terms to settle back payments – five years at two percent, take it or leave it. Cuba
- The Economist on U.S.-Cuba relations: “The honeymoon is over before it began.”
- A magnitude 4.3 earthquake, centered 15 miles from
- At Global Post, Nick Miroff looks at the impact of Orlando Zapata’s death.
- All I can say about this statement from
’s foreign minister is that if it had appeared on April 1, we would all be able to make sense of it. Israel
- Yahoo Sports: a “glut of Cuban defectors” in Major League Baseball.
- Thanks to a reader for providing this link to a story that corrects earlier news reports, which turned out to be big exaggerations about Cable and Wireless plans to run an undersea cable from
to Cuba . It would make economic sense compared to the Jamaica idea; maybe less bolivariana but one sixth the distance. Venezuela
- A House Judiciary Committee hearing looks at the “Section 211” Havana Club trademark fight that pits Bacardi against Pernod-Ricard.