- Herald: Hunger striker Guillermo Farinas will not take up an offer to go to
, preferring to stay in Spain and carry out his protest. An earlier AP interview with him here. Cuba
- The Jewish Telegraphic Agency reports on Alan Gross and efforts to get him released from jail in
- The Kansas City Star on Chapman’s sprint training debut.
- Cuban television is running an eight-part series on the history of attempts on Fidel Castro’s life.
- Reuters: Beginning in May, visitors to
will be required to buy health insurance to cover the time of their stay. So far, none of the reports say how much it will cost. Cuba
- Herald: “La Entranable Lejania” (“The Closest Farthest Away”), a play featuring both Cuban and American actors, opens in
. Miami Beach