- The Russian destroyer Admiral Chabanenko entering
, Havana Bay December 19, 2008. [AFP photo]
- Ag Journal: the
farm sector is looking for increased exports to U.S. during an Obama Administration. Cuba
- If you read Spanish, it’s worth absorbing the Brazilian president’s comments at the end of this press conference with Raul Castro. It gives a good indication of
’s view of U.S. Cuba policy, its expectations of the Obama presidency, and of what the Obama Administration can expect to hear from Brazil Latin America. Not all the pressure to change policy will be domestic. Cuba
- More on the 50th anniversary: a long survey from AP correspondent Anita Snow, with lots of street-level perspective.
- The Herald’s Cuban Colada covers an exchange that occurred in person and in writing between blogger Yoani Sanchez and Mariela Castro, daughter of Raul.
- A guilty plea in the Felipe Sixto case.
- AP: Key dates in the past 50 years of
’s history. Cuba