- Mauricio Claver-Carone of the Capitol Hill Cubans blog and I will be on a PBS Blog Talk Radio discussion of the embargo at 11:00 this morning, hosted by veteran broadcaster Aaron Brown.
- Cheapflights.com canvasses its readers on travel to
- In Palma de Mallorca, a confab of Cuba bloggers is under way.
- The Dallas Morning News writes about a
medical student at Dallas ’s Latin American Medical School. Cuba
And more on Juanes:
- Author Zoe Valdes writes to Miguel Bose, the Spanish singer who will join the concert, urging him to pull out.
- Writer Carlos Alberto Montaner thinks the concert is a positive initiative. What a commie!
- Willie Chirino issues a statement in support of the concert, recognizing Juanes’ “good faith” and explaining at length the “bad taste in my mouth.”
- The group 3 de la Habana is in favor too: “Juanes in
can bring some oxygen to the people…[Other concerts] open up the vision of the younger generation a little and makes them see things from another point of view.” Cuba
- Puerto Rican singer Olga Tanon, who will perform in the concert, issues a statement explaining why, translated here by examiner.com.
- EFE talks to anonymous “show business sources” in
and says Juanes is under “strong pressure” to cancel the concert. EFE also reports that Vigilia Mambisa plans a Calle Ocho protest tomorrow “in rejection of this humiliation and Juanes’ provocation of the Cuban community.” Protesters will smash his CD’s with hammers, the group says. Miami