- Governor Richardson made clear yesterday that he is in
on his own, not as an Obama Administration envoy, but he will report his impressions to the Administration when he returns. He also wants to see an end to travel restrictions: “There’s a link between Hemingway and the Cuba and United States , and now there’s a Cuba link…I think enhancing cultural and artistic and educational ties is a prelude to diplomatic and commercial ties. It always happens that way…I’m for enhanced tourism travel for Americans.” AP coverage here. New Mexico
- The Obama Administration fines an Australian bank 7 million Australian dollars for trade financing operations connected to transactions with
and other countries subject to Cuba sanctions. U.S.
- El Nuevo Herald has a video in Spanish on yesterday’s poll (pdf) on the Juanes concert. It features remarks by the pollster, Sergio Bendixen, and the poll’s sponsor, Carlos Saladrigas of the Cuba Study Group.
- Livan Hernandez returns to the Washington Nationals and has a good outing against the Cubs.
- A short, silent video of 1932 Havana at Penultimos Dias.