- Sports Illustrated: Aroldis Chapman has a five-year deal with the Cincinnati Reds, to be announced today. And another Cuban southpaw, Noel Arguelles, was signed by
. Kansas City
- Uncommon Sense on the passing of Gloria Amaya, the mother of two political prisoners. Her sons, Ariel and Guido, were let out of jail to attend her wake, but not at the same time.
- The New York Times’ Jon Pareles reviews a Charanga Habanera performance last Friday night.
- Juventud Rebelde: Vice President Machado Ventura attends a Communist youth meeting in
and reaffirmed the leadership’s confidence in the younger generation’s ability to take over. Cienfuegos
- The New York Times Magazine has a long look at the Republican Senate primary race in
between Governor Crist and former House Speaker Marco Rubio. Florida
- Ted Henken discovers a Facebook group that calls for elimination of
’s tarjeta blanca exit permit, which Cubans must obtain from their government to travel abroad. Cuba