- AFP: The
and United States are planning a second round of migration talks in December, no date chosen yet. A suggestion: Cuba ’s Latin American Film Festival runs December 3-13. Havana
- Advice for travelers in the Ottawa Citizen: “Go beyond the beach resorts to see
’s capital.” Cuba
- La Jornada interviews Francisco Aruca, owner of Marazul Charters, who says there are now about 50 flights from the
to United States each week. Part of Aruca’s story is referenced in the intro to the interview – he once told me in person and I wish I had a recording of it – concerning his escape from La Cabana, where he was jailed for counterrevolutionary activities. He spent a year and a half in the Brazilian Embassy before getting out of Cuba . Cuba
- Is a Cuba-Orioles rematch in the works? Maybe so, according to this Baltimore Sun baseball columnist who was in on the first one.
- Also from the Sun, a review of the Burtonsville, Maryland (!) Cuban restaurant Cuba de Ayer.
- Ted Henken posts his July 2008 interview with Yoani Sanchez – a Spanish transcript, a partial English translation, and video broken into 13 segments.
- The U.S. Interests Section in
had a contest for Cuban photographers; entries are posted here. (H/t Tracey Eaton) Havana
- AP: The story of 56 Americans from the Eastern Massachusetts Senior Softball Association, playing in