- New York Times: Armando Ruiz of
has applied for a license to operate Miami-Havana ferry service. Miami
- The recently passed revolutionary leader Juan Almeida has been in the news recently because of a memoir published in
by his son, who remains in Spain and is seeking to leave for medical treatment. Penultimos Dias has published excerpts of the book; here’s one with a link to a second at the bottom. In English at Huffington Post, Yoani Sanchez comments on the book. Cuba
- AP on the new private taxis.
- Two Sorolla paintings that the Fanjul family claims to be from their family collection in Cuba show up at the Prado in Madrid, and the family reacts with this statement.
- Senator Mel Martinez left the Senate last week, and the Herald’s Lesley Clark looked at his last day, and his Senate career.