- Virginia’s agriculture commissioner leads a sales delegation to
next month. Havana
- New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin visited
to learn about disaster response, prompting Florida Senate candidate Marco Rubio to take a shot at “Hurricane Fidel” in National Review Online. Cuba
- Orlando Sentinel: Recent immigrants from
are prominent in the Cuba indoor marijuana growing business. Florida
- Blunder time:
’s ABC reports that Spain has rejected the Cuba offer to ease restrictions on diplomats’ movements, citing a Herald article that reports only that U.S. has not responded. Cuba
- Globalpost’s Nick Miroff has a narrated slideshow on Cuba’s Coney Island.
- Reuters on Cubans’ use of Facebook.
- The Herald’s ombudsman does a long and careful examination of allegations against columnist Marifeli Perez-Stable and concludes: “Unless her critics can come up with something firm, their accusations border on paranoia and slander.”